Together with our network of like-minded colleagues and other NGOs, we raise awareness of our priority issues and advocate at the United Nations (UN). Our advocacy is primarily focused on issues affecting women and children, particularly gender equity, eradication of poverty, access to quality education and health, elimination of gender violence, and trafficking of human persons.
We work with the following Committees, Major and Working Groups from civil society:
- The NGO Committee on Sustainable Development (NGO CSocD) seeks to further the integration of the three dimensions of sustainable development: environmental, economic, and social. Within the Committee the Working Group on the Integrity of Earth works towards a harmonious integration of Earth Rights and Human Rights in the larger context of Sustainable Development.
- The Working Group on Girls (WGG) is dedicated to promoting the human rights of the girl child in all areas and stages of her life, advancing the inclusion and status of girls and assisting them to develop their full potential as women.
- The NGO Committee on Financing for Development (NGO FfD) advocates for a worldwide economy that is environmentally and socially sustainable, ethical, and people-centered.
- The NGO Committee to Stop Trafficking in Persons (NGO CSTiP) addresses the eradication of human trafficking in all its forms. It monitors compliance with the UN treaties, protocols, laws and resolutions.
- The Alliance of NGOs on Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice brings together a broad network of civil society organizations contributing to the achievement of security and justice for all. It acts as an information-sharing, advocacy and collaboration platform supporting informed engagement by NGOs with the UN Office of Drug and Crime (UNODC) and member states.
- The Committee of Religious NGOs is composed of the representatives of national and international organizations which define their work as religious, spiritual or ethical in nature and are accredited to the UN. It serves as a forum for exchanging and promoting shared religious and ethical values in the deliberations of the UN.
- The NGO Major Group is tasked with facilitating and enhancing the engagement of non-governmental organizations in the processes directly and indirectly related to the High Level Political Forum (HLPF).
Coalizão de Religiosos pela Justiça (JCoR)
IBVM/CJ NGO is a member of the Justice Coalition of Religious (JCoR), a coalition of 19 UN accredited non-governmental organizations (NGOs) run by Catholic Religious.
JCoR aims to strengthen the capacity of Religious working at the grassroots and those representing them at the United Nations to: advocate internationally, nationally and regionally for people living in poverty; address the root causes of unsustainable development; and promote equitable and rights based development via a just implementation of the SDGs.
To read more about JCoR click aqui.